Sunday, August 21, 2011

I yub a beach

We had the best week at Crystal Beach.  Clear skies, cool breezes, happy kids - I couldn't ask for a better combination!   It was a perfect vacation!  

I had my doubts in the beginning, though - we left all three of the kids' bags at home and didn't realize it until we were almost to Galveston.  Then Maggie woke up with yucky drainage from her ear.  Our trip to the "med center" was a trip - the receptionist had to move her Marlboro Reds out of the way to give me the paperwork to fill out, and we had to wait an extra 10 minutes to be seen because the entire office staff along with the pregnant lady in the waiting room had to take a smoke break.  Wow is all i can say!!  After that it was smooth sailing!
 

 

Kirby and William LOVED the sand and water, and once we got Maggie some water shoes, she was sold, too!  All week William sang, "Where are we going?" Dora style and Maggie would answer, "To the beach!"  Kirby told us several times that she wished she could have a beach cabin of her own...me too, Kirbs, me too!! 

They loved it so much that I got a little nervous - William would take off toward the water yelling, "Tame ooon, Mommy!" (come on)  I can't explain how perfect it was though - the beach and water were so clean, and there was a very shallow sand bar about 20 feet from the shore - we had a perfect little "pool" to play in all week!
 

Impromptu photo shoot...




I already can't wait until next year!  William put it best...I yub a beach!!

3 comments:

Pamela said...

This looked like so much fun!!! Great pictures. Happiness was shining through!

Anonymous said...

I yub a beach too! Awesome pictures!!!

Julie said...

great pic of the three of you at the end! Framer for sure! Jim can definitely pull off the beard and buzz cut!