Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Twin update

We had another sonogram today! That's one of the great things about having a high risk pregnancy - you get to see your baby (or in our case babies) :) lots before they are born. The good news is that we're still having a boy and a girl - William Miller and Maggie Claire...poor Jim needed some strong confirmation that William wasn't really Wilma, and he got it - whew!!

They both look great, and I can already tell that they are going to be precious!

The potentially not so good news is that Maggie Claire's umbilical cord has only two vessels instead of three. Because of this, they want to take a good look at her heart to make sure there are no defects, so I will go for an echocardiogram at Texas Children's in about a month. The doctor didn't see anything wrong today, but she said that they will be able to see much more detail when her heart is bigger. The biggest concern with this cord defect is that she may likely have a problem growing later in the pregnancy.

So, if you would, please pray for our babies - that God will keep them safe and growing healthy and strong!!!

7 comments:

The Condreys said...

we will definitely be praying for those sweet babies!!

Unknown said...

It is so very comforting to know that God hears our prayers, already loves Maggie Claire and William, and is in control! All we have do is keep praying and trust Him.

The Garrison's said...

I will pray and will lean on the fact that He loves those babies so much already! Grow Grow Grow big and strong angels...

Pam said...

Amen Megan. We shall cover those little babies in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

so, I just emailed you and then looked at your blog. Thanks for the twin update!! I LOVE the names y'all have chosen. We will definitely be keeping both William and Maggie in our prayers, as well as you and jim!

Tootle Family said...

You got it!!! Prayers for the two of them!!

Love the names by the way!

babyp-ssyluver said...

oh well 1 out of 2 is okay I guess......more p-ssy