Tuesday, March 31, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1. twin update - I am 5 1/2 months pregnant and had a sonogram today - the babies look great, and Dr. Adam, the perinatologist, said that she didn't see anything wrong with Maggie Claire's heart and that the echocardiogram that I will have on Friday is more to satisfy her obsessive compulsiveness than anything else. I am so blessed to have such wonderful doctors taking care of these kiddos and me!!! Thank you all so much for your prayers for our babies - we appreciate them more than you know and hope that you keep them coming!!

2. St. Luke's called today, and Kirby got into the Thursday-Friday class!! Yay! We're movin' on up - from the waiting list "second group of 10" to "IN!!!!"

3. We were absolutely thrilled to find that Kirby is content watching dvds in the car without sound allowing us to drive all the way home from Beaumont with the radio on!

4. Trying to be a responsible mom, I turned the Dora dvd off in the car while Kirby and I ran errands the other day. We were talking away and everything was fine until Britney Spears came on the radio - by the end of the song Kirby was singing along with Brit...womanizer, womanizer. I promptly turned Dora back on.

5. Kirby wanted to see my tummy tonight, so I pulled my shirt up to show her. She immediately put her hands on her cheeks and said, "Oh my goodness!" If she weren't so stinkin' cute I might have had my feelings hurt!! Between Kirby's shock and Jim acting like he's being catapulted off the couch when I sit next to him, I'm going to develop a complex.

6. Jump is still swimming strong!!

7. Jim and Kirby feed Jump every day, and then take turns smelling the fish food. Kirby dry heaves, they laugh until they cry, Kirby says, "more" and then they do it all over again. Is it child abuse if Kirby thinks it's funny, too?

8. Kirby's been practicing for the Easter Bunny - we got her some plastic eggs and a little basket and have been "hiding" the eggs in different rooms around the house - she loves it and has gotten really good at finding them. I can't wait to decorate the real ones for the E.B. to hide!

9. I think Kirby is going to be the best big sister - she brought me on of her dolls the other day and said, "This Maggie...come here, Maggie. Oh, what's a mattuh? it's ok. (big hug to doll) I love you, Maggie." I know I am a biased mom, but could she possibly be any sweeter?

10. When we say prayers at night, we always ask God to bless everyone that Kirby knows. She always says, "who else" or "who's next" until we've been through everyone at least twice. FYI - Kirby especially wants big blessings for Jack and Katy, Nana and Papa's dogs.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Every time I think she can't be any sweeter or cuter, she does something that is the sweetest and cutest yet - She is such a delight!!

boo and stacy said...

She is the SWEETEST!

Glad to hear of the news from the doc visit!