Thursday, August 21, 2008

Vacay 08

In April, when I booked the cabin for our beach vacation, I envisioned long days of playing on the beach with Kirby - splashing in the waves, making drip castles in the sand, and finding sea shells to fill her little pail. I was going to get some desperately needed sun during the day, and we were going to sit on the deck at night with our drinks in hand, our beach mix on the ipod and millions of stars in the sky. Did it happen? Ummm...not quite.

Despite the fact that it literally rained EVERYDAY, we had a great time!

One of the highlights of the trip was the ferry ride - so many birds!! We came prepared with bread to feed them, but Kirby was more interested in eating the pieces herself than throwing them to the birds!


Day #1 - not pouring yet, so we went to the beach - Kirby LOVED the water!!


Day #2 - Rain...all day.

This was not posed, I swear.

Michael had plenty of time to perfect his guitar hero skills, and Kirby stopped to cheer him on after each song he finished.



Kirby found the Mo-Mos...again. We could not keep them hidden!

Day #3 - It actually didn't rain for most of the day - good beach time and a little bit of bird watching!




Day #4 - more rain...more Mo-Mos...more Wii.



Day #5 - even more rain.

Julie and Hadley came to play - we just hated that we had to play in the living room and not in the sand and water...maybe next time, girls!

Julie: I know it's just my imagination because the weather is so bad, but that really looks like a tornado
Megan: It IS a tornado (or water spout, but whatever)

Day #6 - Still raining - So badly that Jim and I woke up to what I swear were hurricane force winds, thunder, and all the chairs on the deck blowing into the house. Somehow Kirby slept through it all!! We're pretty sure that the pole outside the cabin was struck by lightning.

Day #7 - We're so over the rain. When we were packing everything up before we left Houston, Jim put a pancho in the the stack. I made SO much fun of him. I definitely had to eat my words!!

Finally, only in Crystal Beach, TX will you find one stop liquor and auto sales...we're so sending this to Leno.

6 comments:

Tootle Family said...

Fun trip. sorry about the rain.

Your post is so funny.

Emily Hayden said...

Oh I hate that it rained on yall. I love Kirby pushing her stroller through the ocean and the picture of you and your mom reading...priceless!

Pamela said...

Looks like a fun vacay even in the rain. Gotta keep a good sense of humor!

Unknown said...

Vacaying with the Grays for a few days is fun even in the rain. I hope Jim is not too panicked about the picture of us! Kirby makes every day bright and sunny for Annie and DonDon.

Anonymous said...

SO glad we got a picture of the water spout- priceless! Hads and I had a great time despite the weather!!

Anonymous said...

her onesie is unsnapped wonder if someone has been playing with her pussy I know I'd like to