Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lost Pines

We had a fantastic weekend at Lost Pines.  The weather could not have been more perfect!  The weekend was so relaxing and so fun.  Kirby is already asking when we're going on vacation again.

The pool was a little chilly, but the kids loved it.  We did discover that the babies HATE sand, though!

We brought the cars for Maggie and William to ride around in - they were a hit!  They were totally content riding everywhere we went.  

William is our chilled kid - he and DonDon relaxed in mornings while Maggie ate and Kirby talked. :)

Kirby was SOOOO excited to ride the ponies, but when it came down to it, she realized she prefers the fake ones - she was way more comfortable on the horse statue in the lobby...I wish we'd known that before we paid $40 to ride a real one!
 

Kirby's favorite spot was the Butterfly Meadow - we saw lots of insects as we sat "very still and quietly."  She was so cute trying her hardest to be quiet
The combination of the off the charts ragweed and sunscreen in her eyes left Mags miserable for a good part of the trip.  She was such a trooper, though!

I had visions of getting a great pic for our Christmas card this year - as you can see it didn't go very well.  I think I will have to settle for individual pictures for the time being!!



4 comments:

Pamela said...

Darling pictures. Looks like it was a great vacation!

Julie said...

I totally forgot y'all were going there this weekend! It looks like it was a blast!! We are inviting ourselves along for sure next time! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you Kirby, Maggie and William for letting Annie and DonDon tag along on your vacation weekend. We had so mych fun!!

Unknown said...

I think William has some DonDon and Mikey genes in him...