Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Kirby Konversations


This little girl makes us laugh and tries our patience and melts our hearts daily. Here are some of the conversations we've had lately...

Kirby: I'm a bunny
Jim: Bunnies eat green beans
Kirby: Oh! Maybe I should try one!

Jim: Kirby, please put the corn in the box.
Kirby: ...
Jim: Kirby, please put the corn in the box.
Kirby: ...
Jim: Kirby. Put the corn in the box!
Kirby: I don't understand what you're saying.

As I'm holding Maggie...
Kirby: Hey mommy, maybe Maggie wants to swing.

Kirby: This is my room. It smells like roses.
(not exactly how I would describe the smell, but ok!)

Kirby: OOOOH - look at those beautiful trees - they're amazing! Who is that precious baby?

Megan: Did you have fun playing with Hadley?
Kirby: Yeah, I had fun. I love Hadley, but sometimes she's shy.

Kirby: (with her toy shopping cart) Daddy, I'm going to the store.
Jim: Ok, what are you going to buy?
Kirby: berries and clock nuts
Jim: Clock nuts???
Kirby: No, not clock nuts. Clock meat.
Jim: Oh! Ok.
That makes more sense.

Julie had just finished fussing at Hadley for something over Thanksgiving. Hadley was in the dining room by herself crying. Kirby went in there, and Julie found Kirby consoling Hadley.
Kirby to Julie: She's going to be ok.
Kirby to Hadley: It's ok. It's ok. Sometimes my mommy spanks me, too.

Jim (after a particularly large mexican food dinner): Daddy's a fat kid.
Megan: Mommy's a fat kid.
Kirby to Megan: Yeah! You are! hahaha. You're a reaaaaaaallly big girl.

Kirby (daily): Mommy, you know what? Today, we're gonna have the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!

Megan: Kirby, I love you.
Kirby: I know.

Kirby: You're going to put me to bed, but first we're gonna rock-a-bye for a minute. And, you're gonna read me a book. And, you're gonna sing "Goodnight Sweetheart." And, you're gonna scratch my back.

Jim: Good morning, Kirby! Are you ready to get out of bed?
Kirby: Not quite yet. Maybe in a minute. I'll call you.

Kirby walks into the living room eating chips...
Jim: Kirby, where'd you get chips?
Kirby: From my little fridgerator.
...the toy one in her room - the freezer was full of them!

Kirby: Hi, Annie. Watching Madagascar. I love you, too.
Megan: Kirby, who are you talking to?
Kirby: Annie.
Megan to Annie: Did you call ME?
Annie: No!


3 comments:

The Condreys said...

she is a hoot! you are going to be so happy you wrote all of these hilarious things down! too funny!

Pamela said...

That is the cutest post ever!!! You started my day off right.

Pam said...

O I agree. I had so much fun reading that post. What a fun stage and how smart to write down the things she says. So very cute. Thanks