Tuesday, July 14, 2009

and then there were 5!

We are home and well on our way to being settled with the new additions to our family! William Miller and Maggie Claire are precious and perfect and healthy - we are so blessed!!

Both babies spent only a few hours in the NICU - truly amazing for itty bitty 36 weekers! Unfortunately none of the pictures I have show just how tiny these babies are! Both weighed 4 lbs 15 oz. William was 17 1/2 inches and Mags was 17 in. They are so little, but they are eating like champs, so I'm sure we'll have some chunky monkeys before we know it!

Right before surgery - for some reason I wasn't at all nervous about surgery or that in a matter of minutes I would have 2 more kids...and I didn't even have drugs yet!!

Daddy and William

Mommy and Maggie

Sweet Kirby is not so sure about her new brother and sister - she won't have much to do with them! While I am certain that siblings will end up being wonderful for Kirby, I sure do feel sorry for her right now. Poor thing is dealing with a huge change to her little world. It must be so hard for a two year old to understand. We celebrated Big Sister Day on Thursday with presents and cupcakes for Big Sister Kirby.

OEMI sent the cutest Burt's Bee's baby care package in a bee hive basket with a teddy bear dressed like a bee. Kirby loved her "hat" and "buzzy bear!" She also found all of the Soothie pacifiers in the twins bassinets. Thank goodness we decided to use a different brand pacifier for Maggie and William!

William and Maggie

As they wheeled us into the elevator, the fact that we were bringing these babies home with us hit me - YIKES!


first day home...


9 comments:

Pamela said...

Welcome sweet angels!!!!

Emily Hayden said...

Yea! They are so beautiful! Congrats!

Pam said...

Megan and Jim congrats. Your babies are so precious. Darling blog and I've enjoyed seeing all the pictues.

Tootle Family said...

Yea!!!!!! Soooooo exciting! And, Megan....they're beautiful. And, sister dear...you look fabulous! Congratulations to you and your sweet family that I love being nosey with!

Unknown said...

The Gray family is truly blessed - three precious babies and they are all so good!!! Yea for all of you.

The Condreys said...

Congratulations!!! They are beautiful!!! Can't wait to meet them!

Jannie said...

Absolutely precious babies! Amazing that they were able to go home so quickly. And I know that Kirby will be such a good big sister. Hope to see you all soon.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to all - they are precious!

Tootle Family said...

Megan, here is a blog of a girl with a boy/girl twin set. they're about three months old now. made me think of you, and thought you might like to see another mom's life with twins.
http://jonesandlondonlaughlin.blogspot.com/