1. Meet the newest addition to the Gray family...Jump, the fish! Kirby named him all by herself!
2. Annie smocked Kirby's Valentine's dress all by herself!! Thanks, Annie!!!
3. The Birdwells came to visit and brought Kirby a bird feeder for the backyard - we've already had a momma and daddy cardinal, several doves, and a blue jay come to visit! The poor doves just watch from the fence - you can tell they want to fly to the actual feeder but just can't quite work up the nerve.
4. Kirby's new favorite book is No, no, Noah! It's about a monkey who is afraid to join Noah on the ark but realizes he must trust God when things are scary. It is precious - you all need a copy for your kiddos!
5. Kirby has the sweetest heart. She loves her stuffed animals - she feeds them and shares her drinks with them. She wraps them up in her blankets and puts them in her chair to "rock-a-bye." The other day she was in her room, and when I peaked my head around the corner to check on her I just stopped and watched her talk to her Madeline doll - She was talking to Madeline telling her where her nose and mouth and hair were. Then she hugged Madeline and said, "I love you!" I think she's going to the best big sister ever!
6. Molly is a really good sport - Kirby chases her around the house screaming, "I hold you!!!" She just lets Kirby chase her. This weekend, Molly let Kirby push her all over the house in the doll stroller. I think poor Molls just wants the attention any way she can get it!
7. Kirby is WAY too grown up all of the sudden. The high chair is no longer cool at home or in public - when we went out to eat this weekend, Kirby sat in the booth next to us, and at home, she must sit at her little table and chairs to eat. She's also been using a big girl cup to drink her milk...without spilling it! Tonight, we made Kirby sit in her high chair at dinner - she was NOT happy about it and made excuse after excuse to get down - we ignored them all. This leads us to number 8...
8. When your kid says, "I poo-poo," believe them.
9. Not that we say a lot of bad things, but we really have to start watching what we say around Kirby. Last week, Molly was crying and barking, and I fussed at her saying , "Enough, Molly. Stop it!!" Kirby sure did yell at my grandfather's dog this weekend, "Enough, Pebbles! Stop it!! Stop it!!" She is such a parrot!!
10. I am almost 4 months pregnant, and I truly look like I did when I was 7 months pregnant with Kirby - Yikes!!!
11. I think we have a future church choir member on our hands...
3 comments:
You are such a big girl. I agree that you will make the best Big Sister. You can sing, read, play, talk and fuss so well that William and Maggie Claire will be the luckiest twins ever! PS - Jump is a cute fish with a great name.
That needs to go to Funniest Video. College money!!! So cute!!!
Oh Meg - I cannot wait to see your belly! And Kirby is SO cute! She is such a big girl! Love the new family member too! :)
Post a Comment