Other than being without cable and internet until yesterday, our house was untouched by the hurricane. What a blessing! My grandfather and his wife were not so fortunate, however. They lived on Crystal Beach and lost everything, including their dog. My heart just breaks for them - I can't imagine being 80 and having to start over from scratch. Please keep them in your prayers!
While we were in SA, Kirby developed a fever that didn't go away for several days - turns out she had some kind of virus that ended with the worst rash you've ever seen. She also decided to get two teeth in the middle of all this. We're so glad she's feeling better and is back to fun, happy self!!
The rest of the month has been wonderfully uneventful!
Py, Kirby's godfather, came to Houston to go to church with us last Sunday to celebrate the anniversary of her baptism - Kirby loves her Py!!
Kirby's all about the bathroom lately. She loves brushing her teeth and putting on "powduh" with my makeup brushes. She is forever trying to get into the cabinets (sidenote: we FINALLY did some babyproofing - there are now locks on the cabinets in our bathroom and under the kitchen sink!!)
Kirby will hate me for putting this in writing, but she's started telling us, "Uh-oh, poo-poo," when she has a dirty diaper, and Maria suggested we get a potty just to introduce the idea, so I got a pink princess potty that plays music. It's so cute, and while it's just a chair to Kirby right now, she LOVES her "Pahtee" and sits on it to read her books while we get dressed in the mornings.
Aren't Kirby's shoes cute? They're a size 3. She wears a 4 1/2. Mother of the year had no idea she'd been binding her feet.
I had such good intentions about being strict with the TV and the DVD player in the car. We let her do whatever she wanted when she was sick, and now we can't seem to get back on track. I give in to her "Ine-tine" and Elmo requests WAY more than I should...
6 comments:
So sorry to hear about your Grandpa and his wife. If there is anythign we can do to help, please let us know.
Kirby is just precious as can be! Love the size 3 story. haha.
She's such a pretty little girl!
Just when I think you can get no cuter - you trick me! I love the potty picture. Thanks for the prayers for your Great Grandaddy and Sandra. Love, Annie
Great post!!! Made me laugh and miss all of you so much. What a precious girl.!
Oh Meg, first, she is SOOOO big. She looks really different...long hair and all! What a pretty and fun girl. And your grandparents, so so hard! Glad you guys made it out okay! Sad I didnt get to see you while you were in SA! Glad yall had fun though! Love you and see you soon.
I had to come look again at all the pics...I need to see that Kirbs. She is SO big. Time for an update Miss Kirb
just lmk if you need your little p-ssy licked clean when you pee pee
Post a Comment