Monday, March 8, 2010

Helmet, what helmet?

Mags did great with her helmet today!  She will be easing into helmet headedness over this week, and the couple of hours she wore it today weren't too bad (easy for me to say, right?).  She is definitely happier with it off, but she tolerated it well.  Her poor head got all sweaty while she wore it, though - they promise this will get better as she acclimates to wearing it.  The worst part of the whole thing is that we can't kiss her head when she's wearing it - I never realized how often I kiss and rub the babies' heads until today. 

Since shopping makes everything better, we stopped by Doodles on the way home and got some head bands with big bows to go around the helmet.  The thought of being able to wear bows made Maggie more comfortable with the whole helmet situation - I could tell.

I think we're looking at wearing it for 4 months which means by her 1st birthday, Maggie will have the most perfect head ever!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Who but Miss Mags could look so cute as a helmet head? She is adorable!!!

Julie said...

She looks so happy with her helmet! Sweet Mags is definitely not going to let it slow her down! I think she looks precious in it!

Emily Hayden said...

She looks precious!