Sunday, November 15, 2009

4 months!!




It's so crazy to me that I feel like the last 4 months have flown by but at the same time feel that Maggie and William have been with us forever! They are truly the sweetest babies and are becoming so fun to be around.

At their four month check-up last week, Dr. Suell gave us the "I'm trying to find something wrong with them but I just can't!" line, so they're doing great! We got the ok to start rice cereal, but no one's too interested in it quite yet. I think we might wait a couple of weeks and try again. As big as William seems, he's only in the 25th % for height & weight. Here are their stats:

Maggie 12 lb. 6 oz., 23 inches
William 13 lb. 12 oz., 24 inches

You would never know by holding them that there is only a 1 lb difference between them...it feels like 5!!!

Maggie and William both greet us each morning with the biggest smiles. Maggie's smiles light up her entire face and most of the time she stays that smiley until she falls asleep at night. I think she smiles with her eyes more than her mouth which is just precious!! That smile just melts our hearts every time we see it. William's big blue eyes sparkle when he smiles, and when he gets his legs going, you know he's having fun!

Mags is super strong - she does great on her tummy and can push up pretty well on her arms. I think she'll roll over pretty soon. William, on the other hand, still can't quite get his head off the blanket...we blame it on those cheeks!!! He loves the rainforest bouncer and has started grabbing at the monkey and bird on it.

We have the best conversations with M & W, and I think they thing I'm pretty funny because they are laughing a lot these days! William thinks he's funny, too - last night he was talking to my mom and in the middle of his babbles just started belly laughing - it was hysterical! Maggie will laugh if you make funny faces and sounds, and William loves to be tickled. He loves it when you pump his legs and raise his arms up and down...such a boy to be rough and tough already! "Patty-cake" has become a staple.

They both LOVE Kirby, and the feeling is mutual. She is so attentive to them now - she always wants to make sure they have their pacifier and tries to soothe them when they cry. Seeing them interact makes me so excited about the friends that they will one day be!

No comments: