Monday, August 10, 2009

1 month!

Maggie and William were one month old yesterday! I have no idea where the time has gone!



Here's what Maggie and William have been up to this month...

-William stays wide awake the majority of the day. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that he slept a TOTAL of 2 hours during the day (8:30am - 10pm) yesterday. Maggie on the other hand was awake only 2 hours! William is very alert and looks around at everything with wide, bright eyes. Miss Mags is still in the sleepy newborn stage.


-M & W consistently drink 4 oz at each feeding and sometimes more at night and can do so in record time! They are super easy to feed, and they burp like grown men.

-They are sleeping 4-5 hours at night. Rockstars!

-They grunt and groan like no one I have ever heard!

-Both kiddos weigh over 7 lbs and are getting double chins and rolls everywhere - I could just eat them up! As much as they've grown, though, they are still so tiny!


-We (and when I say "we" I mean Jim) have cooked dinner twice since we've been home from the hospital, yet we have eaten like royalty - do we have awesome friends and family or what?

-Last weekend we went through 84 diapers in 48 hours. Who knew the phrase "up to my eyeballs in poop" was more than just figure of speech?

-We made our first road trip to Beaumont - Maggie and William got to meet their great grandmother, Mom!

-They love laying next to each other and are so content when they snuggle

Granted, we've had TONS of help, so far this whole twin thing isn't as hard as I thought it was going to be!! We'll see what next month brings!

4 comments:

Pam said...

O my gosh they are just adorable. How great things are going for you. Wow it's just hard to believe you all have three kiddos.

So great that they are sleeping and eating so well.

can't wait to see them.

Emily Hayden said...

Meg they are so handsome/beautiful! I am so glad things are going so well. Miss you!

Tootle Family said...

Thanks for the update!!! just thinking about y'all.

They are adorable, and how funny that one is awake adn the other is sleepy during the day. Love it.

Amy said...

Megan,

I found your blog through your facebook page! I saw you had babies, so I wanted to see :) First of all, what little miracles that they were BOTH healthy and growing so well! I am so impressed that you are juggling 3 kiddos! It's fun to see you again after all this time. I have 2 little ones and a blog, but my adddress is private. send me your email and I will add you. I hope you don't mind if I keep up with you through your blog?! Congratulations!!!

Amy (Ginsburg) amyk17@hotmail.com